Almond And Sun Dried Tomatoes Bulgur Pilaf recipe
I prepared the almond dried tomato pilaf recipe for the vegan New Year's menu. I wanted it not to disturb the healthy balance of the menu and to have a different and rich rice recipe. Of course, seasonal conditions had to be taken into account. While choosing or creating a recipe may seem like it would make it difficult to comply with so many criteria, the opposite is actually the case. It gets easier to choose as the options decrease.
Since many bulgur pilaf recipes include summer vegetables such as tomatoes and peppers, I needed to take a broader view. So I chose to use dried tomatoes instead of using them fresh. When we added almonds, which are often used in Christmas pilafs, to the side, a rich and delicious recipe emerged.
In order for the dried tomatoes to be cooked softly and in a way that does not hurt the teeth, they must be softened in boiling water beforehand. This makes it both easy to chop and soft enough not to disturb when cooked.
As for the almonds... I used unshelled almonds. But if you don't have a chance to find unshelled almonds, or if you don't want to buy a new one when you have the shelled one at home, How to Peel Almonds? you can use the video.
While creating the Vegan Christmas Menu, I first decided on the main course (see Stuffed Cauliflower in the Oven) and rice. The rest was so easy. If you are going to implement the menu as it is, your job is quite easy. If you are going to make a change, I recommend that you decide on the main course and rice first.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1 cup of coarse/rice bulgur,
- 1 onion,
- 1/4 cup unshelled almonds,
- 8 slices of sun-dried tomatoes,
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil,
- Take the dried tomatoes in a bowl and add enough boiling water to cover them and cook for 10 minutes. rest,
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil, add the chopped onion and fry until soft,
- Add the washed and drained bulgur, almonds and dried tomatoes that you drain and chop and mix,
- Add water and salt, mix, close the lid and cook until the water evaporates,
- 15 minutes without opening the lid. wait for it to say.