Pilaf is one of the indispensable dishes of Turkish cuisine. We mostly prefer rice pilaf I think. But according to me bulghur pilaf is more delcious and healthy. Especially if it contains yummy ingredients such as meat and vegetables. In this recipe it contains both, so it is more yummy than ever. If you like you can add any other vegetables or remove the ones you don’t like very much.
If you have limited time for preparing food you can cook the meat the day before and keep in the fridge. Th eother day your meal would be ready in minutes. You can cook a grain dish beside, such as dry beans or green lentil. Even you can prepare only a salad and not cook any main dish as it is filling enough. Hope you try and like it, please don’t forget to leave comments about your experiences.
- 200 g finely chopped beef,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 green pepper, chopped,
- 1 tomato, chopped,
- 1 tbsp. butter,
- 2 tbsp tomato paste,
- 1 cup bulghur,
- 2 tsp. ground red pepper,
- Salt to taste,
- 2-2,5 cups hot water.
- Take the meat in a pot and cook in hight heat until it changes colour and all the water evaporates,
- Add the butter and stir until melts,
- Add onion and pepper and cook until soften,
- Add the tomato paste and roast it until smells good,
- Add the powdered pepper and stir,
- Add the tomato and cook until tender,
- Add bulgur and stir well,
- Add water and salt, cover the lid, and cook until bulgur absorbs all the water.