Strawberry Biscuit Cake Recipe
When I was a kid, biscuit cake was my favorite dessert. Of course, this may be related to the fact that it is the closest homemade dessert to the chocolates we buy from the grocery store. But I don't know how to explain it's still one of my favorite desserts.
Biscuit cake was also one of the first desserts I made on my own. I loved making it as much as eating it. It was an indescribable happiness for my dessert to be appreciated by others. Despite all these years, nothing has changed in this regard. I still study the faces of people who eat the things I make, to see if they really like it.
Particularly, the reactions to the innovations I have added to the classic flavors are very important to me. That's when I feel like "what I do" is appreciated.
Although it is not a very different thing to make a biscuit cake with strawberries, the color, smell and taste of strawberries add a whole new dimension to the biscuit cake event. I hope you try and like it too.
Enjoy the recipe...
For the custard;
- 18-20 petit beurre biscuits,
- 2 cups of milk,
- 1 egg yolk,
- 2 heaped tablespoons of flour,
- 1 heaping tablespoon of starch (corn or wheat does not matter),
- 1/2 cup of sugar,
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
For sauce and decoration;
- 500 g of strawberries,
- 1/2 teaspoon of starch,
- 1/4 cup of water,
- 1 tablespoon of sugar,
- 1 tablespoon of ground pistachios.
- Take milk and egg yolk in a saucepan and whisk,
- Add flour, starch and sugar and beat until lumpiness is gone,
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens,
- Take it off the heat, add the cream and whisk,
- Cover a 21x21 cm square or 21 cm round baking dish with cling film,
- Arrange the strawberries that you sliced lengthwise on the edges,
- Arrange a row of biscuits on the bottom,
- Pour half of the custard over the biscuits and flatten them,
- Arrange another row of biscuits on it,
- Pour the remaining cream and smooth it,
- Arrange another row of biscuits,
- Keep it at room temperature until it is warm, then put it in the refrigerator and wait until it cools down,
- For the sauce, chop the strawberries and put them in a sauce pan,
- Cook on low heat until the strawberries start to melt and pass them through the blender,
- Mix the starch with water by crushing it and add it to the strawberries,
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add sugar, mix and remove from heat,
- Take the cake by inverting it on a serving plate,
- Spread the sauce on it, put it in the refrigerator and let it rest until the sauce solidifies,
- Garnish with chopped pistachios.
Enjoy your meal...