Last week was my birthday and I made the trendy cake of 2018, a sable biscuit pastry letter cake, for myself. The cake has different names actually. Some call it cream tart, some letter/number cake and some sable biscuit cake. According to me alphabet cake is a short and good name for this cake.
The biscuit has a nice tart crispiness. The cream is fluffy and smooth. I enriched it with grated lemon peels. It was a nice touch. You can use vanilla extract instead.
As the dough is not firm but just crispy, it’s not hard to cut it. But of course you should not overbake them or press hard while cutting. Be gentle while cutting.
It tastes like a beautiful cream and fresh fruit tart, really delicious.
Enjoy the recipe…
For Sable Biscuits;
- 200 g of butter at room temperature,
- 2 egg yolks,
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar,
- 1 pack sugar vanillin or 2 tsps homemade vanilla sugar,
- 3.5-4 cups of flour.
- 400 ml heavy cream,
- 250 g mascarpone or cream cheese,
- 80 g white chocolate,
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar,
- Grated peels of one lemon.
- Strawberries, raspberries, etc.,
- The flowers you like.
- For the biscuit beat butter, egg yolks, powdered sugar and vanilla sugar in a deep bowl,
- Add flour part by part and knead until you get a smooth dough that doesn’t stick hands,
- Roll the dough on parchement paper into 0.3-0.5 cm,
- Take it into a baking sheet and set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes,
- Cut it with the sharp knife the shape you want (I made a K stencil out of parchement paper),
- Bake in a 170 C degrees pre-heated oven until the edges are golden,
- In the meantime, prepare another shape, letter or number with the remaining dough in the same way and bake in the same way,
- Prepare the cream while the cookies are getting cold,
- For this, melt the chocolate and put aside,
- Beat the cream until stiff peaks,
- Add powdered sugar and beat for a few more minutes,
- Add the warm chocolate and beat until well mixed,
- Take the cheese into a deep bowl,
- Add the chocolate and cream mixture and grated lemon peel, stir well until a homogenous mixture is obtained,
- Take the mixture into a piping bag and pipe onto both of the biscuits,
- Set aside the biscuits in the fridge and wait until the cream hardens,
- Take one of the biscuits on the serving tray and put the other on it,
- Decorate with your favorite fruits and flowers.