Puding Sarma with Strawberry
When the strawberry season comes, I make as many desserts as I can with strawberries, and if I can't add strawberries, I put them on top of them for decoration. Because strawberry desserts give a completely different look. It seems to make them look tastier than they are. Or because I'm a strawberry nut, I see everything with strawberries as beautiful.
Puding Sarma is a dessert with many versions. Cocoa, biscuit etc. It is possible to make many variations such as Today's guest of the pasha wrap is strawberry. There is mastic gum as an aroma. The flavor part is up to you, of course. If you don't like mastic gum or you don't have it at hand, you can also use vanilla or vanilla sugar.
How to fix the sweet that does not hold?
The wrapping part of the recipe requires some dexterity. In case things don't go well in this part and you can't wrap the dessert in the form of a roll, you can divide the dessert into the cups, cover them with coconut and decorate them with strawberries and mint leaves to make strawberry cups.
Another point where you may have difficulty in making the recipe is clumping of the pudding. If the custard is not mixed well, or if it is too low, or for many other reasons (the reason will not matter after it happens to you), your custard may clump. In this case, you can pass it through a hand blender and get the smoothness it should be.
Finally... The recipe is with strawberry, but of course you can make it with any fruit that goes well with pudding.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 5 cups of milk,
- 3/4 cup sugar,
- 1 cup of flour,
- 50 g butter,
- 5-6 tiny gum drops (beat in a mortar and grind into powder),
- 250 ml of heavy cream,
- 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar,
- 5-6 strawberries,
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Sprinkle coconut to cover the bottom of the baking tray,
- Melt the butter in a saucepan,
- Add flour and fry until fragrant,
- Add the milk little by little and mix,
- When the lump is gone, add mastic gum and sugar and mix,
- Stir constantly, cook on medium heat until it boils and gets a thick consistency,
- Pour the custard on the tray, over the coconuts and flatten them,
- Let the custard cool and solidify (about 1 hour),
- Beat the cream in a narrow and deep bowl until it starts to thicken,
- Add powdered sugar and beat until thickened,
- Spread the whipped cream over the custard,
- Divide the tray by 2 from its length and 4 from its width,
- Put a small amount of chopped strawberries on the short edge of each piece and wrap the slices in rolls with the help of a spatula,
- If there are any exposed places, you can sprinkle coconut to cover them,
- You can decorate it with strawberries and mint leaves.