Petit Beurre Biscuit Recipe
One of the most beautiful things French people has brought to the world is the petit beurre biscuits. Petit beurre is a delicious biscuit and it is a very valuable food in Turkish cuisine. Mosaic biscuit cake and biscuit cake are the first petit beurre recipes that come into my mind.
While making these very popular desserts, some kind of regret caused by using processed food with additive contents haunts you. The purpose of this homemade petit beurre biscuit is to eliminate this discomfort. The mosaic cake recipe I gave above is made with these homemade biscuits and the result is excellent.
The recipe uses ice cold water. It is enough to place a cup of water in the freezer half an hour before starting to make the biscuits.
Is the cookie cutter necessary?
I have used a special cutter for petit beurre biscuits but any round, rectangular or square cookie cutter will do it. You can either use a jar lid or a similar household equipment or cut the dough with a knife.
You can store biscuits in a jar with a lid for 2 weeks at room temperature and freeze up to 6 months.
Enjoy the recipe ...
- 2 cups of flour,
- 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar,
- 2 tablespoons (60 g) cold butter,
- 1/2 cup with ice cold water,
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Sift flour, baking powder and sugar into a mixing bowl,
- Add the butter and mix with two hands until it becomes like sand,
- Add the water slowly, kneading a dough that doesn't stick to your hands,
- Roll the dough into 3-4 mm thickness and cut with cookie cutter,
- Place the biscuits into a baking sheet covered with wax paper,
- Bake in a 170 C degrees pre-heated oven until golden.