Strawberry Biscuit Balls Recipe
If you ask today's children, very few will know which fruit belongs to which season. Actually, I don't know if I should be sad because they can't eat natural foods or be happy because they don't experience poverty like us. When I was a child, I would look forward to eating tomatoes even if summer came. Of course, summer did not mean the month of May, as it is now.
Since we live in the north, summer vegetables and fruits were not grown before July. Of course, this was my mom saying "when will the tomatoes be?", "when will the watermelons be?" It didn't stop me from asking. When the tomatoes were still green, I would pick a tomato and go every day to see if my tomato was fried. A child didn't need expensive toys to have fun back then.
Besides, we couldn't eat nice desserts like what you see in this photo. In short, every era has its own beauties. If I could use the fragrant strawberries of my childhood to make this dessert, it would be much better, of course.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 400 g of strawberries,
- 250 g of petit beurre biscuits (or any other butter biscuits you like),
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar,
- 160 g of chocolate,
- Ground pistachios to decorate.
- Put the strawberries in a saucepan and cook them until the strawberries soften and fall apart to release their juices,
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar and continue cooking until you get a thick consistency,
- Let the strawberry sauce cool down,
- Whiz the biscuits up in a food processor,
- Add the strawberry sauce and mix with your hands,
- Form walnut size balls from the mixture,
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave,
- Dip the balls into the melted chocolate and place on a tray lined with parchment paper,
- Sprinkle ground pistachios on top,
- Refrigerate and let them rest until the chocolate solidifies.