Spinach Stew With Chickpeas
I am getting obsessed to a certain food that that is made with a certain ingredient every season and when I buy that ingredient, I cook the same dish as soon as possible. Last summer fasulye diblesi was my favorite for example. If I bought green beans, I was definitely making fasulye diblesi. And this winter my favorite dish is spinach stew with chickpeas. Sometimes with ground beef, and most of the time without it. As you can understand, you can make this recipe without adding ground beef. You don't need to do anything extra. Just ignore the ground beef-related instructions in the recipe. I chose to share the ground beef version as the demand for ground beef recipes is generally higher.
If you will use ground beef, make sure that the ground beef you will use is lean. The amount of oil added to the dish is already sufficient, and if the ground beef is added to the meal, the meal will be too oily and heavy. From time to time, it may also give the food an unpleasant odor. For this reason, it would be more appropriate to choose a lean / low-fat ground beef.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 100 g ground beef,
- 500 g spinach,
- 2 cups boiled chickpeas,
- 4-5 tablespoons of oil,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- 1/2 cup of boiling water,
- Heat oil in a large pan, add onion and stir fry until softens,
- Add the ground beef and stir fry until the all the water is evaporated,
- Add the tomato paste and stir fry until it smells good,
- Add the finely chopped spinach and stir fry until withers,
- Add the water and mix,
- Cover and cook until softened over low heat,
- Add the chickpeas and cook for a few minutes. more,
- Add salt and mix and remove from heat.