Ground Beef Kapuska (Cabbage Stew) Recipe
We have reached another kapuska season, thank goodness :) I am ironic for those who do not like cabbage and kapuska, otherwise I really like kapuska; but I am also aware of this; If the kapuska is not done well, it can really make you hate it. Cabbage may not be a dish that smells wonderful when cooked, but when it is finely chopped and cooked softly, it makes a great pairing with rice. In fact, I already stated what I wanted to say in this sentence.
The Secret of the Good Kapuskan
If you want to make a good kapuska, chop the cabbage finely and cook it very well, it will melt in your mouth, it will not hurt your teeth. I don't think there's a person who wouldn't like a bonito cooked this way. Also, if a little chili pepper is sprinkled on it and served with yoghurt while eating, it will be as good as a meal can be.
Benefits of Cabbage
If you're still not convinced that cabbage can be delicious, let me try and catch you up on the health benefits of cabbage. They say that cabbage (and broccoli, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts) are cancer- and tumor-fighting vegetables. The bad smell they emit while cooking is the odor that comes out as a result of the reaction of chemicals that prevent cancer and tumors with heat. I am saying what I hear from scientists.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 500g - 600g of cabbage,
- 200g of ground beef,
- 1 onion,
- 3/4 cup of rice,
- 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil,
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste,
- 1 tsp of paprika,
- Salt to taste,
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper,
- 1/2 tsp of cumin,
- 3 cups of water,
- Sauté the finely chopped onion in vegetable oil until tender,
- Add into the ground beef and cook until it becomes brownish,
- Add the tomato paste and stir for 1 minute,
- Add the paprika and stir,
- Finely chop the cabbage and add to the pan,
- Cook the cabbage while stirring occasionally until softened,
- Rinse and drain the rice grains,
- Add the rice along with 3 cups of water to the pan,
- Season the stew with salt, cumin and black pepper to taste,
- Put the lid on and cook over medium heat until the rice is fully cooked.