Spinach Root Yogurt Salad
I've already shared some recipes with spinach root before, such as spinach root soup and spinach root with chickpeas. Today I'm adding another one to those. All of them are valuable recipes as they help to use the spinach as a whole.
As cleaning the spinach with roots take hours to clean, you feel that it worths a little more when you use them as a whole.
You do not have to use the roots immediately after cutting them off. You can keep them in the fridge and use the the next day or you can freeze them up to 6 months and use them without thawing.
Every cuisine have their unique style. For example if you want to make something Italian, all you need to do is to add some tomatoes, grated parmesan and basil. And if you want to make something Turkish mix it with garlic yogurt. You can make any kind of Turkish salad by mixing any kind of food with garlic yogurt. This salad is not a traditional Turkish salad for example, but it is Turkish style. None of the Turkish people would find it odd.
Enjoy the recipe...
- Roots of 500 g spinach,
- 1 carrot,
- 1 cup plain yogurt,
- 5-6 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- Salt to taste,
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds,
- 1 teaspoon of chili peppers,
- Chopped parsley.
- Take the spinach roots in a saucepan, add boiling water over and simmer until soft,
- Grate the carrot and stir fry in a small pan with 1-2 tablespoons of oil until soft,
- Chop the cooked roots and take into a bowl,
- Add roasted carrots, yogurt, crushed garlic, salt and mix,
- Take the mixture to the serving plate,
- Take the remaining olive oil in a saucepan,
- Add the sesame seeds and fry until they begin to sizzle.
- Add the pepper flakes, stir and remove from the heat,
- Sprinkle the sauce over the salad,
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.