Spinach Salad Recipe
Spinach is generally cooked before consuming in Turkish cuisine. Sorry, I'm fixing it. Spinach is always cooked before consuming in Turkish cuisine.
In fact, spinach can be consumed raw, and it is not a very different kind of greens than lettuce or arugula, but in Turkey we I don't know whey but we assume that it is a vegetable that cannot be consumed raw as potatoes, and it is not something everyone can dare to use in salads. The only place where spinach can be dared to be used raw is in some spinach borek recipes. Even in borek it is added raw but cooked together with the dough, but it is definitely cooked at the end.
One of the reasons of this is the type of the spinach sold in Turkey. When you take it in your hand, it is not possible to think to make a salad with it. It gives a feeling that you should cook it before eating as it is a little bit wizened. So I started using raw spinach after moving to Spain and meeting baby spinach leaves, which are more widely sold here. Today, I wanted to share my favorite salad with spinach leaves.
Generally, I advise you to be free about the ingredients in salad recipes, add the ones you like, remove the ones you don't like, but I will not do it for this recipe, because this salad is so complete. Each ingredient is very compatible with each other and the resulting flavor is enormous. So if you do not have to, do not change the recipe or seek an alternative. Just if you cannot find baby spinach leaves, you can use it by chopping the large spinach leaves.
- 150 g of baby spinach leaves,
- 1/2 onion,
- 5-6 roasted red peppers,
- 5-6 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds,
- 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of pomegranate syrup,
- Salt to taste.
- If your spinach leaves are too large, cut them into any size you want,
- Chop the onion in half a moon shape,
- Finely chop the roasted peppers,
- Take the spinach, onion, roasted peppers and pomegranate seeds in a large bowl,
- In a sauce bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, pomegranate syrup and salt,
- Pour the sauce over the salad ingredients and mix.