- 1 chicken breast,
- 1 cup vermicelli,
- 1 egg yolk,
- Juice of half a lemon,
- 2 tablespoons flour,
- 4 tablespoons olive oil ,
- 1 handful minced parsley.
- Dice the chicken into small cubes,
- Heat the oil,
- Sauté the chicken until it absorbs all the juices it initially releases,
- Add 5 cups of water and vermicelli, and boil until both vermicelli and chicken are softened,
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg yolk, lemon juice, flour and 1/2 cup water,
- Take 1 ladleful of the soup base and add it into the egg mixture to temper it, then stir well,
- Now add this mixture back into the soup base in the pot while stirring,
- Boil 2 more mins, add the salt and parsley, stir then remove from heat.