Dried Beans Soup Recipe
This is a soup recipe but it has the strength of a main dish. If you get tired of cooking dried beans as a bean dish (it is not likely when you think about it, but still possible), or if you want to try a different recipe using dried white beans, the dried beans soup is what you are looking for.
Although dried white beans stew is an indispensable recipe, there is also a slight negative aspect. It doesn't work without rice. When rice is involved, the amount of carbohydrate taken increases naturally. Dried bean soup is a relatively low-carb and very filling soup / meal thanks to both beans, meat and seasoning. It is possible to create a satisfying and guilt-free menu with a simple but rich salad, such as a spinach salad.
I use lamb meat in these kinds of meat soups because I love its taste very much, but you can use veal if you wish and you can even make a chicken soup with chicken. Its flavor will change a lot, especially when you make it with chicken, but if you have had sour chicken soup before, you can imagine its flavor by imagining it with dried beans.
You can use paprika for the sauce on top, or you can make a mint sauce as in gendeme soup.
- 2 cups of dried beans,
- 250 g of bone-in lamb,
- 4 heaped tablespoons of plain yogurt,
- 1 tablespoon of flour,
- 1 egg yolk,
For the sauce;
- 5-6 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Soak the beans overnight,
- The next day, take the beans and lamb meat into the pressure cooker,
- Add 1 liter of water,
- Cover the lid and cook until the beans and meats are soft, depending on the cooking time of your pot,
- In a separate saucepan, whisk yoghurt, egg yolk, flour and two cups of room temperature water,
- Add the boiling broth of the meat and beans little by little and beat quickly,
- Add and mix the meat that you have separated from the bones and beans,
- Take it to the stove and cook until the consistency thickens by stirring constantly (add boiling water if necessary) and remove from the heat,
- Add salt and mix,
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add paprika, mix and remove from the heat,
- Serve by pouring the sauce over the soup.
Enjoy your meal...