Dried Beans Soup Recipe
This is a soup recipe but it has the strength of a main dish. If you get tired of cooking dried beans as a bean dish (it is not likely when you think about it, but still possible), or if you want to try a different recipe using dried white beans, the dried beans soup is what you are looking for.
Although dried white beans stew is an indispensable recipe, there is also a slight negative aspect. It doesn't work without rice. When rice is involved, the amount of carbohydrate taken increases naturally. Dried bean soup is a relatively low-carb and very filling soup / meal thanks to both beans, meat and seasoning. It is possible to create a satisfying and guilt-free menu with a simple but rich salad, such as a spinach salad.
I use lamb meat in these kinds of meat soups because I love its taste very much, but you can use veal if you wish and you can even make a chicken soup with chicken. Its flavor will change a lot, especially when you make it with chicken, but if you have had sour chicken soup before, you can imagine its flavor by imagining it with dried beans.
You can use paprika for the sauce on top, or you can make a mint sauce as in gendeme soup.
- 2 cups of dried beans,
- 250 g of bone-in lamb,
- 1/4 cups of vermicelli,
- 4 heaped tablespoons of plain yogurt,
- 1 tablespoon of flour,
- 1 egg yolk,
- 1/2 lemon,
For the sauce;
- 5-6 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1 tsp of paprika,
- 1/2 tsps of pepper flakes,
- 1 handful of chopped parsley.
- Soak the beans overnight,
- The next day, take the beans and lamb meat into the pressure cooker,
- Add 1 litre of water,
- Cover the lid and cook until the beans and meats are soft, depending on the cooking time of your pot,
- Shred the meat,
- Take the broth into a separate saucepan, add extra water to complete it to 1 lt,
- Add vermicelli and simmer until soft,
- For dressing in a separate bowl whisk yoghurt, egg yolk, flour and two cups of room temperature water,
- Add one scoop of the boiling broth to the dressing and mix fast,
- Add the sauce back o the pot and mix,
- Add the meat and beans and mix,
- Take it to the stove and cook until the consistency thickens by stirring constantly (add boiling water if necessary) and remove from the heat,
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add paprika and pepper flakes, mix and remove from the heat,
- Pour the sauce over and mix the soup,
- Add salt and parsley and mix.
Enjoy your meal...