Peanut Chicken Salad Recipe
I got used to use peanuts in the dishes that I discovered thanks to Thai cuisine, in the dishes in time and recently have started to act more courageously in this regard. I don't even understand why the whole world doesn't do this when peanuts go well with meals and salads.
Peanuts goes well not only with main dishes such as chicken pad thai and satay sweet potatoes, but also with salads. As you can remember from recipes such as arugula salad with roasted peppers and arugula salad with halloumi cheese, I normally like to use walnuts in salads. In fact, I use it very often, not only in green salads, but also in salads with yogurt (see the recipe for zucchini salad with yogurt). I like the taste of the walnut as well as the crunchyness that makes itself felt in the tooth.
In fact, the reasons why I like using peanuts in recipes are the same. It both adds a very pleasant flavor to the dish and its crunchy feeling makes the dish lively. Moreover, peanuts are much cheaper than walnuts.
In this salad recipe, I tried to combine vegetables of different colors as much as possible. Green lettuce, red pepper, yellow corn and purple cabbage all create a carnival look. But of course, since this is a salad, you have the freedom to make any changes you want to the ingredients. You can remove the vegetables you don't like or don't have and add new ones or not. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the sauce. The sauce has a special flavor balance and any changes you make can upset this balance. So I would advise you to stick to the ingredients and quantities in the sauce.
You can cook the chicken breast as recommended in the recipe, or alternatively you can grill or boil it. But if you want it to be both delicious and soft, I recommend sticking to the method in the recipe.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1 whole chicken breast,
- 1 head roma lettuce,
- 3 roasted red peppers,
- 1/2 cup of canned corn,
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped purple cabbage,
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts,
- 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil for frying the chicken,
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1 teaspoon djon mustard,
- 1 teaspoon of honey,
- 1 teaspoon of hot pepper sauce,
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides ov the chicken breast,
- To fry the chicken in a pan, heat the olive oil,
- Place the chicken and close the lid,
- Cook on medium-high heat until golden brown,
- When you lower the heat and the oil stops splashing, open the lid and turn the chicken upside down,
- Close the lid, increase the heat and cook the other side until golden brown,
- Meanwhile, chop the lettuce coarsely and place it in a deep bowl,
- Chop the roasted peppers and add them to the bowl,
- Add the corn and purple cabbage,
- Whisk all the ingredients for the sauce into a bowl,
- Add the sauce to the bowl and mix very well,
- Divide the salad into serving bowls,
- Sprinkle peanuts on them.
- Slice the chickens and place them on them,
- You can serve it hot, warm or cold.
Enjoy your meal...