Rose Shaped Cheese Borek Recipe
Borek is a good thing. Whether it's for breakfast, for 5 o'clock tea, for a picnic, for dinner on a trip, for dinner, or for guests who come after dinner... In fact, there are definitely times that I forgot.
I decide the shape of the pastry according to where it will be consumed. For example, I think that this borek is suitable for activities outside the home or crowded guest invitations, as it is portioned and easy to eat. I prefer to wrap the borek in the form of a spring roll. Thus, Yasin can easily eat while driving.
I decide on the interior mortar according to the materials I have. For example, I have cheese, but if I use it for borek, it will not be left for breakfast the next day, then I turn to a different mortar. When I'm going to make it with potatoes, I make a decision in advance, and I boil the potatoes the night before. So I don't have to wait for the potatoes to cook. When I go into the kitchen to make a borek I make a borek and leave. Boil the potatoes, while they are being boiled, let me also do this, I don't divide myself into 10 pieces with things like this. Also, since the potatoes are cold, I can easily peel them and use them. Similarly with spinach vs. If I'm going to do it, I usually prepare the stuffing the night before. Remember, preparation in the kitchen saves lives :)
Enjoy the recipe...
- 3 round shaped yufka,
- 300 g feta cheese,
- 1 cup pasley, chopped,
- 3/4 cup milk,
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil,
- 1 egg yolk for brushing,
- Nigella seeds for topping.
- Smash feta cheese with a fork and combine with pasley,
- Place yufkas on top of each other and cut into four (you will have 12 triangle shaped yufka pieces,
- Brush a piece first with oil then milk,
- Place 2 tbsps cheese mixture through the wide round edge,
- Flap the edge inside and roll it up till the end ,
- Then, again roll it inside forming a spiral shape,
- Repeat the process for each piece and place them into a greased baking sheet,
- Brush them with egg yolk and sprinkle nigella seeds on top,
- Bake in a 180 C degrees oven until golden (for about 50-60 mins.).