Leek Borek With Homemade Phyllo Recipe
After borek filled with potatoes, my favorite borek is leek borek It is soft and slightly wet. You will not feel like you are eating dough like in other pastries. But of course it is also a bit risky. You might end up eating more than necessary as it is too delicious.
The human brain perceives that it is full after 20 minutes In fact, we should do this with all our meals. We should stop noticing that we eat enough before our stomach is full. Of course, I know that doing this is not as easy as writing. Still, it would not be a reminder.
Back to our recipe ... It is a perfect recipe for those who say I cannot use a rolling pin or hold a roller because it is opened by hand. You will be surprised to see how easily the oiled dough turns thinner. Can I do it in your mind? If there are questions you can make sure you can.
Leek is not a must for filling, you can use any filling you like. In the meantime, let me remind you of my hand rolled cheese pie recipe.
- 3,5 cups flour,
- 1,5 cups warm water,
- 2 teaspoons salt,
- 2 teaspoons sugar.
- 5-6 stalks leek,
- 1,5 cups cottage cheese,
- 4-5 tbsps vegetable oil,
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil,
- 1 tablespoon butter.
- Combine water, salt and sugar in a large bowl,
- Add flour step by step and start to mix with your hand
- Add flour and knead until you get a non-sticky dough,
- Cover the dough with kitchen towel and let rest for 30 mins,
- For the filling, slice the leeks,
- Sauté in vegetable oil until softened,
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese and salt,
- In a saucepan melt the butter, add into the oil and mix,
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces, and roll to make balls,
- Brush some of the oil mixture on top,then start stretching and expanding the dough using your hands,
- Stretch until you start seeing the patterns of the surface you are working on through the dough,
- Place 1/4 of the filling evenly all around the phyllo sheet,
- Fold from one side and roll over, then form it into a spiral by wrapping it around itself,
- Prepare the other pieces the same way and wrap them around the first one,
- Let it rest for 10 mins and bake at 170 degrees celsius preheated oven until golden on top.