- 3,5 cups flour,
- 1,5 cups warm water,
- 2 teaspoons salt,
- 2 teaspoons sugar.
- 5-6 stalks leek,
- 1,5 cups cottage cheese,
- 4-5 tbsps vegetable oil,
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil,
- 1 tablespoon butter.
- Combine water, salt and sugar in a large bowl,
- Add flour step by step and start to mix with your hand
- Add flour and knead until you get a non-sticky dough,
- Cover the dough with kitchen towel and let rest for 30 mins,
- For the filling, slice the leeks,
- Sauté in vegetable oil until softened,
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese and salt,
- In a saucepan melt the butter, add into the oil and mix,
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces, and roll to make balls,
- Brush some of the oil mixture on top,then start stretching and expanding the dough using your hands,
- Stretch until you start seeing the patterns of the surface you are working on through the dough,
- Place 1/4 of the filling evenly all around the phyllo sheet,
- Fold from one side and roll over, then form it into a spiral by wrapping it around itself,
- Prepare the other pieces the same way and wrap them around the first one,
- Let it rest for 10 mins and bake at 170 degrees celsius preheated oven until golden on top.