Paçanga is one of the most delicious boreks of Turkish cuisine. It can be prepared for breakfast or as a starter for dinner. It’s really delicious but frying makes it a little bit unhealthy. So you can think to bake it instead of frying. But when you bake it the texture would be like this borek recipe. In similar cases I generally prefer to eat less but eat it as the way it should be.
In order to decrease the amount of oil you need for fried food you can use a sauce pan instead of a large pan. You can obtain the depth you need with less oil in a smaller pan.
About the ingredients… You can use bacon instead of pastırma. You can use provolone, cheddar or mozzarella cheese instead of kaşar.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 2 pieces of round Turkish yufka,
- 100 g of pastırma, chopped,
- 200 g of kaşar cheese, grated,
- 2 green peppers, chopped,
- 3 tomatoes, chopped,
- Vegetable oil for frying.
- Combine pastırma, peppers, tomatoes and cheese in a bowl and mix well,
- Cut the yufkas in 8 pieces in triangle shapes,
- Place 1/16 of the mixture through the long edge fold the edges and roll,
- Wet the tip with water and stick to the roll,
- Heat large amount of oil in a sauce pan,
- Add 2 or 3 boreks at a time and fry until golden.