Roasted Red Pepper Meze With Tahini
A delicious summer appetizer is roasted red pepper meze with tahini. It is suitable both for a table consisting of appetizers and alone on a slice of toasted bread. Moreover, it is very easy to make. Especially if you do not want to roast the pepper yourself and use canned roasted peppers.
If you want to roast the pepper yourself you can roast them on fire on a gas stove or just bake them in the oven.
After you get the roasted pepper, what you need to do is very simple. You mix the ingredients other than tahini, take them on a serving plate, and drizzle tahini on it and garnish. It's even easier than making a salad. To make a salad, you have to chop a lot of ingredients one by one, which takes a lot of time. What makes the roasted red pepper meze with tahini practical is that most of the ingredients are ready to use.
Roasted red pepper meze with tahini is very close to being vegan. The only ingredient that spoils its veganism is feta cheese. Normally, if such a single and unimportant ingredient prevents the recipe from being vegan, I try to remove that ingredient and make the recipe reach more people. But even though feta cheese is the single non vegan ingredient in this recipe, it is not an unimportant ingredient. It adds a lot to the recipe. That's why I use it. But if you're vegan and want the recipe to be vegan, you can omit the feta cheese.
Finally, if you don't like tahini and want to simplify the recipe a little bit, instead of playing with this recipe, you can use the Roasted Red Pepper Salad recipe.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 200 g of roasted peppers,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- 2 tablespoons of crumbled feta cheese,
- 3 tablespoons of ground walnuts,
- 1 tablespoon of pomegranate molasses,
- A pinch of chopped parsley,
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1/4 cup of tahini.
- Finely chop the roasted peppers and take them into a bowl,
- Add feta cheese, walnuts, pomegranate molasses, chopped parsley, olive oil and salt and mix,
- Transfer the mixture to the serving plate,
- Drizzle tahini on top,
- Garnish with chopped parsley and ground walnuts.