After Antalya style piyaz recipe, we are together with another taste of Antalya cuisine. A meze similar to the sauce of piyaz. There is no boiled beans in it and red powder pepper is added. It's a great recipe, but there's one drawback, it makes you eat a lot of bread. Of course you can eat it without bread of course, but I can't:)
The main ingredients of Hibeş are tahini, lemon juice and garlic. In fact, it reminds me a little bit of humus with these ingredients. But the consistency is quite different. It has a fluid consistency. Although it is served in meze category, I would add it to the sauce category. For example, it would be a great dip sauce for fried chicken.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1/2 cup tahini,
- 1/2 lemon juice,
- 1/2 cup water,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sweet chilli,
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin,
- Grate the garlic or chop finely,
- Beat all ingredients in a bowl,
- If you have time, set aside in the fridge for 15-20 min.,
- Serve with cumin and ground sweet chilli.