Roasted Pepper Salad With Avocado
Roasted pepper salad with avocado is a salad recipe that you can make both in summer and in winter, but it suits summer more than winter. First of all, since pepper is a summer vegetable, it is more suitable for summer in terms of ingredients availability. On the other hand, there are long-term storage methods such as canning and freezing, which allow us to eat summer vegetables in winter, and roasted pepper is a vegetable suitable for storage with both these methods. In summary, it is my personal opinion that it is a salad that is more suitable for summer.
You can prepare a roasted pepper salad with avocado in this way and prepare it as a side dish alongside dishes such as belen tava, chicken fingers or stuffed vine leaves with olive oil, or you can turn it into a main dish by adding a few ingredients. For example, with the addition of croutons and feta cheese or boiled white beans/red beans/chickpeas, you can make more filling and satisfying main course salads.
If you don't want to go to the trouble of roasting peppers at home, you can also use canned roasted peppers. When using canned roasted peppers, make sure that the can does not contain garlic. There is garlic in this recipe, but it will be a problem if you need to use the roasted pepper in recipes without garlic. You can add garlic yourself to recipes that require garlic, but for recipes without garlic, even if you remove the garlic, you will still take the smell of it.
If you like to use vinegar rather than lemon juice in your salads, you can use vinegar instead of lemon juice for the roasted pepper salad with avocado. Approximately 2-3 tablespoons of vinegar will give the sourness of half a lemon. But you should always adjust the ingredients such as lemon, vinegar, pomegranate syrup, which are used for flavor in recipes, especially in salads, according to your taste, just like salt. If a salad that you make according to the recipe becomes less sour than you like, don't try to force yourself to eat. Just as you add salt when you find the soup in front of you less salty, you can taste the dishes you make yourself and make arrangements according to your taste.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1 kg of meaty red peppers,
- 1 avocado,
- 1/2 onion,
- 1 handful of chopped parsley,
- 1 handful of chopped dill,
- 1 handful of ground walnuts,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- juice of 1/2 lemon,
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil,
- Roast the peppers on the stove or in the oven,
- Peel the skins of the roasted peppers, chop them to the size you want and take them into a deep bowl,
- Peel and dice the avocado and add it into the bowl,
- Chop the onion into small cubes and add into the bowl,
- Add parsley, dill and walnuts,
- Finely chop the garlic and add into the bowl,
- Drizzle over the lemon juice, olive oil and salt,
- Mix the ingredients, trying not to crush them,
- Take the salad on a serving plate.