- 150 gr butter at room temperature,
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil,
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt,
- 3-3,5 cups flour,
- 1 tsp baking soda,
- 1/2 cup grated walnuts.
- 3 cups water,
- 2,5 cups sugar,
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter, vegetable oil, yoghurt and baking soda and mix well,
- Add flour step by step to form a dough that does not stick hands,
- Divide the dough into 23 equal portions,
- Flatten the pieces in your hand and put 1 tsp of grated walnuts in the middle and close,
- Press each piece of dough over a sieve or a shredder with your fıngers while rolling and shaping into oblongs (do not press through),
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet and bake in a 180 C degrees preheated oven until golden,
- Meanwhile, in a medium pan, add the sugar, water and lemon juice, bring to a boil and let simmer for 2 minutes or until the mixture is syrupy, then remove from heat,
- After removing the cookies from the oven set aside for 20 minutes,
- Pour the warm syrup over cookies and set aside until the cookies soak all the syrup.