This was also among my recipes that were made a long time ago and waiting to be published. For some reason I wanted to post it today. I used to go easy on Mondays, thinking that people would prefer easy meals. However, after a good weekend, when I started the day with high energy, I chose the recipe a little hard. Don't mind when I say it's hard. In general, people have a difficult perception against sorbet desserts. That's why I said it's hard. It's actually a really easy recipe. The only problem is to adjust the temperature of the syrup.
The syrup should not be too hot so that the sekerpares do not become too soft, and the syrup should not be cold so that they absorb the syrup well. The recipe has no difficulties other than this fine-tuning.
The dough is like the cookie dough we know. It is not possible for them to remain raw when they are cooked at the said temperature until they are well browned. The consistency of the syrup does not affect the recipe either. All you have to do is follow the recipe to the letter and trust your instincts while pouring the syrup, then sit back and accept compliments.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 200 g butter at room temperature,
- 3/4 cup of semolina,
- 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar,
- 2 eggs (one yolk is used for the top),
- 2 tbsp of plain yogurt,
- 1 tbsp of vinegar,
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda,
- 10 g of vanilla sugar,
- 3.5 - 4 cups of flour,
- 4 cups of sugar,
- 4.5 cups of water,
- 1 slice of lemon.
- Combine yogurt, vinegar and baking soda in a deep bowl and mix well, wait for 2 mins. to bubble,
- Add butter, 1 egg, 1 egg white, confectioners sugar and semolina mix well,
- Begin to knead adding flour little by little,
- Add vanilla sugar,
- Keep adding flour and kneading until the consistency of play dough,
- Shape in a desired size and set a baking sheet,
- Mix the egg yolk and rub the tops of the sekerpares with a brush,
- Take a fork and scratch the tops lightly,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C degrees until golden brown,
- For syrup combine water, sugar and lemon slice into a large cooking pan and stir until sugar is dissolved away,
- Boil for 10-15 minutes,
- Wait for 5 minutes to cool the syrup a little,
- Pour the hot syrup on to the warm sekerpares and cover with a baking sheet,
- Wait for at least 1 hour to soak them the syrup,
- Serve by sprinkling pistachio powder.