- 2 cups semolina,
- 1,5 cup plain yogurt,
- 1 cup sugar,
- 1 tsp baking soda,
- 1 tbsp lemon juice,
- 6 raw peanuts.
- 2 cups sugar,
- 2 cups water, at room temperature,
- 1 slice of lemon.
- For syrup combine water and syrup together in a deep pan,
- Cook, constantly stirring, until the sugar melts and the syrup starts to boil,
- Add lemon slice and lower the heat, cook 15 mins. (you don’t need to stir at this point),
- For the cake beat yogurt and sugar together in a deep bowl,
- In a small bowl combine baking soda and lemon juice together,
- Add the mixture into the yogurt mixture and stir well,
- Add semolina and mix together,
- Por the batter into a greased 20*26 cm baking dish,
- Wet your hand and flatten top of the batter,
- With a sharp knife make rectengular slices,
- Halve the peanuts and set on the slices,
- Bake in a 170 C degrees pre-heated oven until golden,
- Remove from the oven and wait 3 mins. to cool a little bit, then pour the syrup over the cake,
- Set aside until the cake absorbs all the syrup.