I wanted to share a salad recipe I eat for lunch frequently this summer. It’s like I mixed all of my favorite breakfast foods together.
Some do not like halloumi cheese as they find it rubbery. I will give the classic answer to those who don’t like something; probably you haven’t eaten a good one yet:) A nice hellim cheese is not like a car tire, it doesn’t squeak, it just has a little elastic texture. This is also a godsend feature for hard cheese lovers like me.
The smell of toasted bread and the smell of fried cheese go very good together. And when the smell of roasted pepper joins the club, you feel like you have entered into a house where lots of delicious dishes were cooked and a very fancy dinner table waits for you.
I’m eating it as a meal alone, but you can also prepare it as a side dish with grilled meat or chicken as well. In fact, you can chop the grilled meat or chicken into cubes and add them to the salad and turn it into a more powerful main course.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 100 g rocket,
- 200 g helloumi cheese,
- 2 slices of bread,
- 2 fire roasted peppers, chopped,
- 1 handful of walnuts, coarsely chopped,
- Olive oil,
- Fresh lemon juice.
- Chop the helloumi cheese and fry in a pan,
- Chop the bread into cubes and fry in the oven or pan,
- Take the rocket and roasted peppers into a serving bowl,
- Drizzle with salt, olive oil and lemon juice and mix,
- Add halloumi, toasted bread cubes and walnuts and mix.