Mayonnaise Potato Salad Recipe
Potato salad was one of my favorite salads when I was a kid, and it was also one of the most frequently made salads in tea parties. But of course, it wasn't prepared with mayonnaise and yoghurt. It contained green salad ingredients such as onions, lettuce, parsley, tomatoes, cucumbers. It was also slightly warm as it was usually prepared just before the guests arrive.
You can use store bought mayonnaise for this potato salad, or you can use homemade mayonnaise. You can boil the potatoes after peeling and dicing them, or you can boil them whole if you wish and then chop them. Just be careful not to overcook in either case. Otherwise, they may disperse while mixing. To check if the potatoes are cooked, you can stick a knife or fork into the potatoes. If it enters easily, tit means hey are cooked, if it enters difficult, it means they need to be cooked more.
You can also add other ingredients you like to the potato salad. For example, you can add chopped dill together with parsley or you can skip parsley if you don't like it. Dill has a flavor that goes well with both mayonnaise and potatoes. Canned corn will add a nice color and add a different flavor as well.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 6 potatoes,
- 6 pickled cucumbers,
- 4 roasted red peppers,
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise,
- 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt,
- 1 handful of chopped parsley,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice,
- Black pepper.
- Peel and dice the potatoes,
- Take them in a sauce pan, add enough water to cover them and simmer until the potatoes are soft and then drain,
- Take the potatoes in a deep bowl and wait for them to cool,
- Add mayonnaise, yoghurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper, parsley, crushed garlic, finely chopped pickles and roasted peppers and mix.