Lava Chiffon Cake Recipe
I love cakes and muffins with cream or sauce inside. I can't get enough of it, especially if it's a puffy, soft cake and the cream or sauce inside is runny. The surprise and happiness that such cakes or muffins create in the person who eats them is as beautiful as the cake/muffin itself.
This recipe has all of my favorite features. The cake is like a cloud, the sauce is fluid enough to wet the cake, and the surprise it gives to those who eat it is worth seeing.
Since the sauce inside is not very thick, it does not create a special place for itself in the muffins. The inside of the muffin absorbs the sauce and it looks like a moist cake with lots of chocolate inside. If you want a thick cream inside, chocolate poke cake recipe will be a more suitable recipe for you.
I flavored the muffins with dried orange peels. You can also use fresh orange peel if it is in season. If you do not want orange flavor, you can use vanilla instead. You can use dark, milk or white chocolate for the filling, but unfortunately there is no alternative to heavy cream.
You may notice a slight difference between the written recipe and the video. In the written recipe, half of the sugar is added to the egg whites and half to the egg yolks. I forgot to press record while I was adding sugar to the egg whites during the video shoot. In order to complete this stage, I added the sugar that I needed to add to the egg yolks to the egg whites. But this time there was no sugar left for the egg yolks. That's why the consistency of the egg yolk mixture was a little thick. Since the sugar will melt in the mixture, it will become liquid. This will increase the consistency of the mixture. After this memory that doesn't concern you much, let's get back to the recipe...
You can keep the muffins at room temperature, which is not too high, for a day. You can store them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and in the freezer for up to 6 months. Just keep in mind that both methods will change consistency over time.
Enjoy the recipe...
For the cake;
- 3 eggs (whites and yolks are separated),
- 3/4 cups of sugar,
- 1 cup of flour,
- 1/4 cup of warm water,
- 1/4 cup of neutral oil,
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder,
- 2 teaspoons of orange zest.
For the inside:
- 200 ml of heavy cream,
- 150g of any type of chocolate.
- For the cake, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks,
- Add half of the sugar and beat, set aside
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks, water and oil,
- Add half of the sugar and beat,
- Add the gradually and beat until you get a thick dough,
- Add orange peel and baking powder and mix,
- Add the egg white to the egg yolk mixture part by part, taking it from the bottom with a spatula and mix it by placing it on top,
- Share the mixture into muffin molds,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees until the toothpick test comes out clean and remove them from the oven,
- Meanwhile, for the filling heat the heavy cream,
- Add the chocolate to the cream and mix,
- After it has cooled down, fill it into a kitchen syringe or a large-sized medical syringe and squeeze it into the muffins.