Snow Globe Cupcake Recipe
We are together with a recipe that seems very difficult when you read the recipe, which makes you nervous, but is very enjoyable when you start making it. I say this as someone who is incompetent in pastry, more specifically in cake decorating. If I did it, anyone can do it.
When you dive into the steps of the recipe and try to visualize them one by one, you may find it difficult to understand. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to explain. But I'm sure you will understand it much better when you watch the video (If you came as soon as the recipe was published, please wait for tomorrow). To be informed of the videos immediately, you can start following my Instagram account if you are not already following me.
In summary, the balloons are inflated and taped to wooden skewers, thus allowing them to stand upright. The balloons are lubricated so that the gelatin can be easily separated from the balloon. But if the balloon is too oily, gelatin will not stick to it in the first place. So after oiling the balloons, it will be good to take excess oil with a paper napkin. After taking the excess oil, all you have to do is to dip the balloons in gelatin. After the first coat, you should wait for ten minutes and make another coat. During this time, the gelatin can freeze. No worries. It will melt again when you heat it.
The next day, cut them wide enough to stand on your muffin molds from the bottom with fine scissors. Take the balloons out of the gelatin globes. The balloon does not come out very easily. Don't be afraid to pull hard. Since the amount of water is less, the spheres are very solid. They do not break or bend by pulling the balloon.
After removing the balloons, the spheres appear opaque due to oil. You can get rid of this dullness by wiping them with a wet napkin.
After that, it's child's play. Cakes are prepared with a creamy dough. Optionally, the middle is hollowed out, sauce is poured and cream is squeezed on them. You can skip the sauce if you wish, but it is more surprising with the sauce. For the sauce, I used strawberry puree that I had frozen in the summer. But it doesn't have to be strawberries. Soft fruits such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, mangoes all do. When you change the fruit, you don't need to change other ingredients.
How Long Do Gelatin Globes Last?
After preparing your snow globes, you can keep them forever if you store them in a way that they do not get wet and airtight. You can prepare your snow globes in advance and put them on your cupcakes before serving. You can even store it after serving and use them the next year.
Is it necessary to make the cake without heavy cream?
Heavy cream is an ingredient that I use very often in cakes since my marble cake recipe. It is used as a single ingredient instead of milk and oil, and there is no need to use milk and oil in the recipe. The resulting consistency is like a dream. If you wish, you can use any cake recipe that you always use and trust, but if you want to make a special cupcake not only for presentation but also for taste, I recommend sticking to the recipe.
Enjoy the recipe...
For the cake;
- 2 eggs,
- 3/4 cup sugar,
- 200 ml of heavy cream,
- 3/4 cups of flour,
- 1 pack of baking powder,
- Grated zest of an orange.
For the sauce;
- 1 cup of soft fruit puree,
- 1/4 cup of water at room temperature,
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch,
- 1 tablespoon of sugar.
For the cream;
- 200 ml of heavy cream,
- 200 g cream cheese,
- 2 heaping tablespoons of powdered sugar.
For snow globes;
- 60 g gelatin/agar agar,
- 6 tablespoons of water at room temperature.
- For snow globes, inflate ten balloons to fit inside your muffin molds and tie them twice,
- Wash and dry the balloons,
- Tape the wooden skewers from the ties,
- Dip the skewers in the packaging foam,
- If you are going to use leaf gelatin, put it in cold water, wait for it to soften and squeeze it out of the water,
- Put a glass bowl half full of water on a sauce pan (bain marie style) and place it on the stove over medium heat,
- Place the gelatin and water in the bowl and mix until the gelatin dissolves,
- Apply oil on the balloons with your hand and remove the excess oil with a paper napkin,
- Dip the balloons in gelatin, drain the excess and insert the skewers into the foam,
- After waiting for ten minutes, once more (if the gelatin freezes, heat it and melt it), dip them in gelatin and stick the skewers in the foam and leave them for 24 hours at room temperature,
- The next day, cut the bottom of the globes wide enough to fit over the cupcakes and remove the balloons,
- Wipe them inside with a slightly dampened paper napkin,
- For the cake, beat the eggs and sugar in a deep bowl,
- Add the heavy cream and whisk
- Add the flour little by little and whisk,
- Add the baking powder in half of the flour and whisk,
- Add the remaining flour little by little and whisk,
- Add the orange zest and whisk,
- Divide the mixture into muffin molds,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C degrees until the toothpick comes out clean,
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool,
- For the sauce, take the puree in a saucepan, add sugar,
- Dissolve the corn starch in water and add it to the pot,
- Cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens and remove from the heat,
- Make a small hole in the middle of each muffin and fill them with the sauce,
- For the cream, mix the cream cheese in a bowl,
- Beat the heavy cream in a narrow and deep bowl until it thickens,
- Add powdered sugar and beat until mixed,
- Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese and mix (do not beat),
- Fill the cream into the piping bag with a star tip and squeeze it on the cakes,
- Place winter or christmas themed figures on them and sprinkle with grated coconut,
- Place the globes on them,
- If you get cream on the edges, you can wipe it off.