Although it is a famous Italian dish, I think many people close to my age in our country know lasagna as Garfield's favorite dish.
Although lasagna was the name given to the container in which the dish was first made, later its name remained. Although originally made with ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, they have been replaced by cheddar cheese as always in our country.
Basically, it is a multi-layered dish made with a sauce of minced meat with plenty of tomatoes on pasta slices, and bechamel sauce on top of that. Although it seems quite strenuous, it is understood that it is not difficult at all after starting the construction.
My recommendation for the dish is to use a deep bowl to put it in the oven. Because we put the pasta raw, we leave the minced meat quite juicy. Anyone who has ever cooked in the oven knows how much tomato sauce also likes to jump. When you do not use a deep bowl, you may have to deal with cleaning the oven as much as you do not deal with food.
After removing from the oven, 5 minutes to serve. Wait until he can breathe in well. Since it is multi-layered, you should not worry that it does not cool easily unless you cut it.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 10 lasagna noodle sheets,
- 1 cup grated cheddar / Swiss cheese,
- 250 gr. ground beef,
- 1 onion,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- 1 tablespoon pepper paste,
- 1 cup tomato puree (grated tomatoes),
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil,
- 2 teaspoons paprika,
- Black pepper,
- 2 cups water.
- 1 tablespoon butter,
- 1 tablespoon flour,
- 1 cup whole milk,
- 1 cup water,
- Finely chop the onion,
- Heat the vegetable oil,
- Sauté the onion until softened,
- Stir in the tomato and pepper pastes and cook for 2 mins,
- Stir in the paprika,
- Add in the ground beef and cook for 5-6 mins breaking up the meat into small pieces,
- Add in the grated tomatoes, salt and black pepper and cook for 2-3 mins stirring occasionally,
- Add in 2 cups of water, let the mixture cook for 1 minute and remove from heat,
- For the béchamel, melt the butter in a saucepan,
- Add in the flour and stir for 1-2 mins,
- Add in the milk and water and whisk well,
- Cook on low heat whisking constantly until thickened,
- Stir in the salt and remove form heat,
- Grease the baking dish,
- Cover the bottom with béchamel,
- Then place 2 lasagna noodles on a single layer on the bottom,
- Place 2 more lasagna noodle on top,
- Evenly distribute half of the meat sauce on the noodles,
- Now pour half of the béchamel evenly on top of the meat sauce,
- Place 2 layers of lasagna on top,
- Now evenly distribute the rest of the meat sauce and béchamel,
- Cover the béchamel with 1 layer of lasagna,
- Sprinkle on some grated cheddar,
- Bake at 200 degrees celsius until golden,