Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
Although vegan spaghetti bolognese is vegan, it's not just a recipe for vegans. It is such a delicious dish that it is a recipe that can be approved by everyone, whether vegan or not. Although its taste is not exactly the same as meat bolognese, it is quite close. In fact, it's close enough to easily convince the careless palates that they're eating bolognese with ground beef. But the important thing is not only it resembles a ground beef bolognese, but its taste, regardless of its content.
In the recipe, instead of ground beef, I used oyster mushrooms and walnuts. As you know, oyster mushrooms are my favorite substitute in vegan recipes. Vegan mushroom schnitzel, vegan mushroom kokoreç and vegan burger are the best examples of this. Oyster mushrooms give great results in all of them. The best part is that the amount of carbohydrates is low. Carbohydrate content of legumes such as beans and chickpeas, which are good meat substitutes, is quite high compared to mushrooms. Moreover, when you use them with foods that are already carbohydrate bombs, such as pasta, it spoils the taste a bit.
You can use the vegan spaghetti bolognese sauce recipe in all dishes calling for vegan ground beef. It will give great results in all of them. I will share a few different examples in the coming days. I can't help but say that it is a sauce that is especially suitable for oven dishes.
Oyster mushroom is my favorite mushroom in vegan recipes as it releases relatively less water, does not darken, and does not stand out in the mix due to its non-dominant flavor. But you can use the type of mushroom you want according to your own conditions.
Enjoy the recipe...
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe with Video
- 500 g pasta,
- 250 g oyster mushrooms,
- 1 onion,
- 1 green pepper,
- 1 carrot,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- 1/2 cup of walnuts,
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste,
- 1 tablespoon of paprika,
- 3 tablespoons of vinegar,
- Black pepper,
- 8 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Chop the onion and pepper finely and stir fry with five tablespoons of olive oil, heated in a large pan, until soft,
- Add the tomato paste and fry until the smell is gone,
- Add the paprika and mix,
- Pulse the mushrooms and walnuts in a food processor until they become a fine-grained mixture,
- Add the mixture, crushed garlic and cubed carrot to the pan and mix,
- Add salt, pepper, vinegar and water, mix, close the lid and cook until it thickens,
- Boil and drain the pasta according to the instructions on the package,
- Add three tablespoons of olive oil, mix and distribute on serving plates,
- Spread the sauce over them and garnish with the chopped greens of your choice.