KFC Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe
I guess you don't know the KFC restaurant chain. One of the most famous foods of this chain is the biscuits they give with their crispy chickens. Here I tried to make these biscuits as much as I could for you. Frankly, I believe that I am successful.
How can you consume these biscuits? You can consume it with dinners that can be considered as snacks such as fried chicken and grilled meatballs rather than traditional Turkish dishes with oil and tomato paste.
Instead of going to the bakery to buy fresh bread for breakfast, you can cook these biscuits at home and eat them hot, hot, fresh. I guess it will get along very well, especially with the honey-cream couple.
If you are working and taking your breakfast away from home and having breakfast at work, you can make small sandwiches by putting cheese between these biscuits and even for your colleagues.
Another little idea; You know, Valentine's Day tomorrow. If you are planning a quiet celebration away from the crowd, you can also make heart biscuits at home by preparing this biscuit dough for dinner and cutting it with heart-shaped molds.
- 2,5 cups flour,
- 100 g cold butter,
- 3/4 cup whole milk,
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice,
- 10 g baking powder,
- 1 teaspoon salt,
- 1 tablespoon sugar,
- 2 tbsps melted butter.
- Stir the lemon juice into the milk (this will make buttermilk),
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt,
- Add in the butter and start mixing with your hands (rub the butter into the dry ingredients),
- Pour in the buttermilk slowly and stir together (not knead),
- Roll the dough with a roller and fold into two,
- Roll and fold again for a few times more,
- Cut the dough with a round cookie cutter,
- Gather the remaining dough together, roll and cut again,
- Make the same thing until you use all the dough,
- Place the slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper,
- Bake at 190 degrees celsius preheated oven until golden,
- Brush the biscuits with melted butter as soon as you take them out of oven.