Orman Kebabı With Yogurt
We are in Ramadan and in Ramadan, especially when it's summer, both fulling and refreshing dishes gain more importance than ever. In the month of Ramadan, the most favored dishes are both hearty and refreshing dishes. For example, cold yogurt soup, cold beet soup and Ali Nazik are the one that comes my mind at first thought. And now with this orman kebabı with yogurt recipe I add another one to those refreshing summer dishes.
In order to prepare a delicious orman kebabı first you have to cook the meat perfectly. You should not need a knife to cut the meat, it should be possible to split it into two with a fork. A pressure cooker is the tool that allows you to achieve this consistency in the shortest period of time. You can cook the meat with a regular pot also but it takes hours.
The only disadvantage of the pressure cooker is the hardnes of adjusting the cooking time correctly. The exact cookig time changes according to the mechanism used in the cooker, the thickness of the base and the size of cooker.
Another important point is the preparation of the seosaning and adding it to the dish. Yoghurt and egg dressings are very sensitive. Small carelessness or distraction may cause curdle. In order to avoid this, you should beat the dressing very very good. You should warm it first with the water you take from the pot and then add it to the pot and stir very fast, then you should cook it constantly stirring and just a few mins and you should add the salt after you remove the pot from the heat.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 800 g lamb meat, chopped,
- 1 cup of chickpeas,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 2 green peppers, chopped,
- 4-5 tablespoons vegetable oil,
- 2 cups of plain yogurt,
- 1 egg yolk,
- 1 tablespoon flour,
- Soak the chickpeas overnight,
- The next day heat pressure cooker and take the meat into it,
- Cook, constantly stirring, until they change colour,
- Add oil and onion, cook until the onions are tender,
- Add peppers and cook 1-2 mins.,
- Add drained chickpeas and water to cover the ingreadients,
- Cover the lid and cook until the meat is tender,
- Open the lid and check the water, there should be 1 cup of water, add water or boil to reduce if necessary,
- In a separate bowl combine yogurt, egg yolk and flour together and beat well,
- Take a scoop of water from the pot, add slowly to the yogurt dressing and beat fast,
- Add the dressing back into the pot and stir well,
- Cook, constantly stirring for a few mins.,
- Remove from heat, add salt, stir,
- You can sprinkle chopped parsley and red pepper on top while serving.