Tepsi Kebabı Recipe
Tepsi kebabı is one of the legendary flavors of Antakya cuisine. There is a scene that you have seen or will see in all food and travel programs about Antakya that you have watched or will watch in the future. Tepsi kebabı is prepared in a butcher in the bazaar, taken to the stone oven in the same bazaar, baked and eaten with fresh pita.
You can also make that tepsi kebabı at home with this recipe. Of course, you will not have the sooty smell of the stone oven, but apart from that, it has a full-fledged flavor. The biggest share in this belongs to the use of ground beef and lamb in the mixture. If your conditions do not allow, you can use ground beef only instead of using both together, of course, but you will experience a great loss of taste.
Another feature of tepsi kebabı is that it is gluten-free. You know that meatball recipes often contain bread or breadcrumbs. Of course, it is possible to use them gluten-free, but the specialty of tepsi kebabı is that it is naturally gluten-free. A meatball recipe that is not only gluten-free, but also egg-free. In this respect, it is a wonderful recipe for those with egg allergies.
I prefer to use pepper paste as tomato paste for tepsi kebabı recipe. I prefer to stir fry the tomato paste in dishes with tomato paste cooked in the oven, such as baked kofte with potatoes. I smell raw tomato paste when it's not stir fried. This is only different when I use pepper paste instead of tomato paste. That's why I use pepper paste in this recipe. In the Kaytaz böreği recipe, ground beef and pepper paste are used together and it has a wonderful taste. In short, ground beef and pepper paste go very well together.
If you like spicy food, you can chop and add a hot pepper to the ground meat mixture.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 300 g ground beef,
- 200 g ground lamb,
- 1 red pepper,
- A full handful of parsley,
- Black pepper,
- 1 teaspoon of pepper paste,
- 1 teaspoon of water.
- 1 green pepper,
- 1 tomato,
- 1 onion.
- Chop the parsley and finely chop the red pepper,
- Mix tomato paste and water in a bowl,
- Take ground beef, ground lamb, red pepper, parsley, salt, pepper and a few spoons of tomato paste water in a bowl and mix without pressing too much,
- Take two spoons of pepper paste mixture and spread it on the bottom of a 24 cm tray,
- Spread the ground meat mixture into the tray,
- Pour the remaining pepper paste juice over it,
- For the topping, cut the pepper, onion and tomato in two large pieces and place them on the mixture,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220 degrees until all the ingredients are golden brown.
Enjoy your meal...