Purple Cabbage and Carrot Recipe Salad
Today I wanted to share a simple but delicious salad recipe. It is one of my favorite salads in the winter season. It goes well with any meal. It is easy to prepare as it has few ingredients. As a matter of fact, I think this is my favorite aspect of it.
Although I usually make the salad with lemon, sometimes I can also use vinegar or pomegranate syrup. You can use whatever suits your taste. If you use pomegranate syrup, simply rub the purple cabbage with salt and pour the pomegranate syrup over the salad.
By the way, it is possible to use pickled red cabbage for salad. In this case, you do not need to add extra salt and lemon juice to the salad, the sourness and salt of the pickle will suffice.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1 medium sized carrot,
- Half of 1 small red cabbage,
- 1 cup of canned corn (not necessary)
- 1 handful of chopped parsley,
- Juice of 1/2 lemon,
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil,
- Peel the carrots and grate with the coarse side of the grater,
- Squeeze a little lemon and mix it with a little salt,
- Finely chop the red cabbage,
- Squeeze all the remaining lemon juice over it,
- Add salt and knead until soft,
- Arrange on the serving plate as a row of carrots, a row of red cabbage, a row of corn, and a row of parsley,
- Drizzle olive oil on it.