Green Bean Fritter Recipe
We have a full summer recipe today. Green bean fritters is one of the signature recipes of black sea cuisine. Black sea people generally consume it with tea at breakfast. Since it is not a form of consumption that I am used to from childhood, I match it with yogurt with a semi-objective perspective under the influence of traditional Turkish cuisine and consume it that way. I hope I do not offend the Black Sea people with this approach.
I also eat paella with ayran (yogurt drink) and for me tortilla de patata goes well with Turkish cheese and tea, for example. There are so many compatible foods waiting to be discovered in the world. I think green bean fritters and yogurt are one of these compatible duos.
The logic of making the green bean fritters is very simple. The beans are boiled, mixed with egg and corn meal and fried afterwards. Like a slightly more practical version of recipes such as chicken nuggets or baked crispy eggplant in which the food is covered with eggs and breadcrumbs or corn flour. Instead of frying them individually, the green beans are blended with the ingredients and fried as a whole.
While making a green bean fritters, you can chop the beans finely as I do or boil them as a whole. They are cooked in a much shorter time when chopped finely.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 500 g green beans,
- 2 eggs,
- 1/2 cup of corn meal,
- Red pepper flakes,
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Remove the stems of the green beans and chop them finely, take into a sauce pan,
- Add enough boiling water to cover them, cook until soft and strain,
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs together with corn meal and salt, pepper and pepper flakes according to your taste,
- Add the beans and mix,
- Heat the oil in a 22-24 cm non stick pan and spread the mixture into the pan,
- Cook over medium heat until golden brown, turn upside down and cook the other side until golden brown,
- Serve immediately.