Çağla Aşı Recipe
Çağla aşı, green almonds dish, is one of the seasonal dishes of Gaziantep cuisine. Since it is a dish with a very limited time due to the limited duration of the green almonds, its taste always missed. As a matter of fact, you can remove the seeds of the green almonds and freeze them. But some foods are loved because they have a specific season. For example, the time of Ramadan pita bred and güllaç is Ramadan. It wouldn't be that delicious if the kandil simit were made every day.
The same goes for recipes that depend on the season of the fruit or vegetable used, such as çağla aşı. Again, the loquat kebab from Gaziantep cuisine is one of the time-limited recipes. I say try both the çağla aşı and the loquat kebab once they are in season. Both are flavors that will live mark on your palate.
As you know, lemon juice is normally added to yoghurt seasonings in Turkish cuisine. Even the person who is farthest from the kitchen is familiar with this method with the recipe for yayla soup. There is no lemon juice in the dressing of Çağla aşı. The sourness of the green almonds replaces the lemon. In terms of consistency, it meets the vegetable need of the dish. In this way, it becomes a very balanced dish in which meat, legumes and vegetables are used together.
Since its broth is kind of like a seasoned soup, Çağla aşı is one of the dishes that combine soup and main course. Because of this feature, it goes very well with a freshly baked bazlama or a basic bread. But if you want to eat it more like a main course than a soup, you can also make rice pilav with it.
The most important trick of the Çağla aşı is to ensure that the seasoning is not curdled, as in all other seasoned recipes. For this, the seasoning must be met with the heat slowly and whisked very quickly. So pay attention to everything in the recipe, but pay more attention to the instructions like fast, slow, quick, right away.
Enjoy the recipe...
Çağla Aşı Recipe with Video
- 500 g lamb meat, chopped,
- 500 g of water,
- 2 cups of boiled chickpeas,
- 2 cups of strained yogurt,
- 1 egg yolk,
- 5 cups of boiling water.
- 1 tablespoon of butter,
- 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Heat the pressure cooker on the stove,
- Add the lamb meat and cook, stirring frequently, until it releases its broth,
- Add 3 cups of water, close the lid and cook until soft,
- Cut the green almonds in half and remove the white seeds in the middle,
- Take the green almonds in a sauce pan, add enough water to cover them, simmer them until they are soft and drain,
- Add the green almonds and chickpeas to the cooked meat,
- Whisk yogurt and egg yolk in a separate bowl for seasoning,
- Add two cups of boiling water little by little and whisk the seasoning quickly,
- Slowly add the seasoning to the dish and mix quickly,
- Cook, stirring constantly, until it starts to boil (you can add boiling water if you feel the need) and remove from the heat,
- Add salt and mix,
- For the sauce, melt the butter, add the paprika, mix and remove from the heat,
- Pour the sauce over the dish.
Enjoy your meal...