Mixed Vegetable Moussaka Recipe
Musakka is made with just eggplants actually. In this recipe I tried to enrich the traditional Turkish musakka recipe. I added some summer veggies such as potatoes and eggplants. I increased the amount of tomatoes. It's one of the best dishes we ate so far in this summer. I made an eggplant dish which will I also share in the coming days. I can't decide which one I liked most:)
Musakka is a high calorie dish as the vegetables are deep fried but it's so so delicious that nobody cares it. You can just bake the vegetables with just spraying or brushing with oil but the taste would change too much. So I recommend not to change the recipe.
You can eat musaka together with plain yogurt or cacik.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 3 potatoes,peeled and sliced in rounds,
- 2 eggplants,peeled and sliced in rounds,
- 2 zucchinies, peeled and sliced in rounds,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 green pepper, chopped,
- 2 tomatos, chopped,
- 300 g ground beef,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- Vegetable oil.
- In a deep pot heat vegetable oil and fry first potatoes, then zucchini and last eggplants,
- In a 26 cm baking dish, first place potatoes, then zucchini, then eggplants,
- In a separate pan, heat 3-4 tablespoons of vegetable oil,
- Add into the ground beef and sautee until it changes colour,
- Add the onion and green pepper, cook until tender,
- Add the tomato paste and sautee until smells good,
- Add chopped tomatoes and stir fry until tender,
- Add half or one cup of water at room temperature according to its consistency and salt, stir well and remove from heat,
- Spread the mixture on the vegetables,
- Bake in a 190 C degrees pre-heated oven until the tomatoes are softened.