Green Bean Soup Recipe
I don't claim that I am the master of every kind of food but I have a claim. I can turn everything into soup. Green beans are generally cooked as stew or cold olive oil dishes in Turkey. Green bean soup is made by some but it is not a traditinal soup and it is generally cooked with yogurt.
I made this soup with milk in order to get a creamy consistency. If you don't min to use lots of fat, you can use heavy cream instead of milk. You will get a more creamy texture. But 1 cup would be too much, 1/2 cup would be better.
The beans should be as soft as possible. For this, you should cook the beans in an appropriate way. People generally think that if they cook food in high heta the food would cook better. That's totally wrong. Cooking something in high heat causes the food to be burned outside and undercooked inside. In order to cook something evenly and soft, you should cook it in low heat for a long time. So, in order to have soft beans you should really use low heat, the lid should be covered and you should cook the beans as long as possible. At first the beans will release its own juice. They will cook with their own juice. In time the juice will be evaporated and it will be just oil and beans. That's when you should add the flour. Then, again cook the beans in water, in low heat and until they are totally soft.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 300 g green beans,
- 3-4 tablespoons vegetable oil,
- 2 tablespoons flour,
- 4 cups of water,
- 1 cup of milk,
- Black pepper.
- Cut out the ends of the beans,
- Slice the beans finely,
- Heat oil in a pot,
- Add the beans and mix,
- Cover the lid and cook until almost tender, stirring occasionally,
- Add the flour and sautee for a few minutes,
- Add the water and cook continuously stirring until the lumps are gone,
- Cover the lid and cook in low heat until completely soften,
- Add the milk and stir, bring into a boil, remove from heat,
- Add salt and pepper and stir,
- You can sprinkle with pepper flakes while serving.