Chicken With Yoghurt and Tomato Sauce Recipe
Chicken breast can be a little bland and flavorless. Although it is the part with the most meat, it is also the part that tends to get really dry when cooked. Don't we always try to come up with ways of cooking moist and juicy chicken breast? Well, in this recipe, I combined chicken breast with yogurt and tomato sauce which gave it an incredible flavor and covered up the dryness. This recipe also uses up any stale bread you may have on hand. So you kill two birds in one stone!
You can either prepare it in a large serving platter or in single-serving plates. I hadn't thought of it at the time, but some freshly chopped parsley would go great on top of this dish. You can prepare the yogurt sauce with or without garlic depending on your liking. I added some hot pepper flakes to the chicken which gave it a nice spicy kick. You can leave it out and add some paprika instead. I hope you give it a try.
- Stale bread,
- 2 cups garlic yogurt,
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces,
- 1 onion,
- 3 tomatoes,
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil,
- 2 teaspoons paprika and/or red pepper flakes,
- 2 teaspoons dried mint,
- 2 teaspoon thyme,
- Heat half of the oil in a skillet, add the chicken and cook until golden brown or fully softened,
- Add salt and paprika / red pepper flakes, stir, then remove from heat,
- Cut the stale bread into cubes and bake at 200 degrees celsius oven for 10 mins or until they dry,
- Heat the rest of the oil in a saucepan, add in the finely chopped onion and sauté until translucent,
- Add in the grated tomatoes and cook for 10 mins (you can add some chicken broth at this step if you want),
- Add salt, dried mint and thyme, stir for 2 more mins, then remove from heat,
- Place the bread on a serving platter,
- Pour the tomato sauce all over the bread cubes,
- Then spread the garlic yoghurt on top,
- Finally put the sautéed chicken on top.