Orange sauce chicken is a very new recipe to me. However, I thoroughly enjoyed cooking it as well as eating it. The most fun element of cooking this dish was the excitement of not knowing what to expect as to how the dish was going to turn out. Honestly, I thought I was not going to like it that much since I normally don’t care for orange flavored stuff. Don’t take me wrong though, I love orange as is! Well, to be honest, this recipe has completely changed that attitude of mine.
If you are interested in Asian cuisine and enjoy trying out unusual or different than normal recipes, this recipe is right up your alley! You can create a complete Chinese menu by serving it with plain rice and steamed vegetables.
I seasoned the chicken itself with salt. However I did not add any extra salt to the sauce since soy sauce is already really salty. The sauce itself is sweet and salty, so putting too much salt in it will badly affect that balance and change the taste completely.
One last advice: Cook the chicken on high heat until golden on all sides however once the color changes, reduce the heat to medium and cook a little more so that the inside has a chance to completely cook through before the outside gains too much color.
That’s all in terms of tips and tricks! I hope you give this delicious Asian inspired recipe a try and don’t forget to let me know how it goes.
- 1 whole chicken breast,
- 1 egg,
- Black pepper,
- Vegetable oil to fry.
- Half an orange,
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce,
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar,
- 1 teaspoon of sugar,
- 1 tbsp cornstarch,
- 1/2 cup water,
- 1 teaspoon pepper flakes.
- For sauce take the cornstarch to a saucepan and add the water and beat it until it melts,
- Add the orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, grated orange peels and pepper flakes and mix,
- Cook in low-mid heat until set,
- Chop the chicken into cubes,
- Beat egg, salt and pepper in a bowl,
- Add the chopped chicken and mix,
- Cover the chicken cubes with cornstarch,
- Deep fry with chickens,
- Take into a serving dish and pour the sauce over,
- Serve with sesame seeds and chopped parsley.