Easy Yellow Lentil Soup
I would never try to call an impractical recipe as easy. If it's difficult, I say it's difficult, if you're a beginner in the kitchen, don't mess with this recipe. But I have nothing to say to this recipe other than easy.
If your lentils are fresh and easy to cook and your hand is fast, your soup will be ready in 20 minutes, at most half an hour. You can drink it at iftar, at sahur, you can make it for yourself, you can host guests.
You can also apply the recipe with red lentils. But its color will be slightly orange and its flavour will change. If you want to use red lentils, I recommend using the easiest lentil soup recipe instead of this recipe.
Easy yellow lentil soup, as its name claims, is a very easy soup to make. But if you are very, very new to the kitchen, if you do not even know how to fry onions (you may not know how to fry onions even if you have aged in the kitchen, so check it out) you can take a look at the article on the tips of roasting onions.
Enjoy the recipe...
Easy Yellow Lentil Soup with Video
- 1 cup yellow lentils,
- 1 onion,
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil,
- 5 cups of water,
- 2 bay leaves,
- Salt, black pepper.
- 4 tbsps of olive oil,
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika.
- Sauté the finely chopped onions in oil until translucent,
- Add in the rinsed lentils and stir well,
- Add water and bay leaves, cover and simmer until the lentils are fully cooked,
- Blend the soup into a smooth consistency with an immersion blender,
- If it's too thick add some boiling water,
- Add in the salt and spices of your choice, boil for 1 min. more and remove from heat,
- For seasoning heat oil in a sauce pan,
- Add paprika, mix and remove from heat,
- While serving pour the seasoning over the soup.