Restaurant Style Lentil Soup Recipe
There is this lentil soup that we eat in those classic restaurants, which we can never get the same flavor at home. Here I prepared the recipe for that soup for you. I must admit that it does not taste exactly the same. But I think this recipe is more delicious than those soups. This soup has a unique scent and flavor.
I know it is not possible to find the broth fresh all the time. But again I know that many of our talented friends keep the broth by freezing it. You can use those broths that you frozen in the same amount. You can also use chicken broth instead of broth, but the taste will definitely change. Likewise, if you do not like it or do not have it at the moment, you can use all of water. But it will not be a pleasantly flavored soup like those with meat or chicken broth.
This issue comes to mind the most in lentil soup. For those who are new to the kitchen and have some deficiencies, even though they haven't noticed it until today, I wanted to remind you the tips of roasting onions.
If you don't have time to deal with broth or blending the soup, you can check my classic lentil soup recipe.
- 1 cup yellow lentils,
- 1 onion,
- 2 cloves of garlic,
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil,
- 2 tbsps flour,
- 4 cups boiling water,
- 2 cups beef broth,
- Salt to taste.
- Sauté the finely chopped onions in oil until translucent,
- Stir in the flour and cook for 2-3 mins,
- Add in the rinsed lentils and stir for 1 mins,
- Add water and broth and boil until the lentils are fully cooked,
- Blend the soup into a smooth consistency,
- If it's too thick add some hot water,
- Add in the salt, boil for 2 more mins and remove from heat.