- 1 cup yellow lentils,
- 1 onion,
- 2 cloves of garlic,
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil,
- 2 tbsps flour,
- 4 cups boiling water,
- 2 cups beef broth,
- Salt to taste.
- Sauté the finely chopped onions in oil until translucent,
- Stir in the flour and cook for 2-3 mins,
- Add in the rinsed lentils and stir for 1 mins,
- Add water and broth and boil until the lentils are fully cooked,
- Blend the soup into a smooth consistency,
- If it’s too thick add some hot water,
- Add in the salt, boil for 2 more mins and remove from heat.