Porcini Mushroom Green Lentil Soup Recipe
There is a story I told years ago when I shared a recipe for green lentil soup with mushrooms. Surely there will be those who remember. There is a soup that I tasted in Italy and loved. After returning, I tried to do the same at home. You will be surprised, but I am still trying to make that soup after years. Of course, I don't make a pot of lentil soup at home every day. When I make lentil soup from time to time, if I have mushrooms on hand, I try different versions.
I still haven't been able to catch the taste I remember, but I have created many beautiful soup recipes, including mushroom green lentil soup. One of them is this green lentil soup with mushrooms. Porcini mushrooms add a very pleasant aroma to green lentil soup, as well as enriching the soup and increase its nutritive value.
I said lentil soup, but it can also be called lentil dish. For example, I call a green lentil stew a green lentil stew. I called this recipe soup because I created this recipe while working on a special soup recipe I was looking for. Otherwise, lentil stew is a meal, not a soup, for me. On the other hand, if it is a meal, rice should be served with it. I don't know about you, but I've never seen green lentils served with rice before. If you don't have rice with it, is green lentil soup actually green lentil soup, not a green lentil dish? What is your opinion on this?
There is no rice on the side, but it is not a must to serve it as it is. The best thing to go with green lentil soup is a freshly cooked soft bazlama.
I don't feel the need to add spice to green lentil soups or stews. I didn't need to use any spice in this soup recipe as well as it has porcini mushroom, which is an aromatic mushroom like spice, but you can use if you have spices that you like, that you like to eat together with green lentils.
Enjoy the recipe...
Porcini Mushroom Green Lentil Soup Recipe with Video
- 1 onion,
- 1 cup of green lentils,
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped dried porcini mushrooms,
- 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste,
- 1 tablespoon of flour,
- 5 cups of water.
- Wash the mushrooms, take them into a bowl and add enough hot water to cover them,
- Chop the onion and stir fry in olive oil until soft,
- Add the tomato paste and stir fry until it smells good,
- Add the flour, mix and cook for a few minutes,
- Add the water and the lentils you have washed and drained and mix,
- Close the lid and cook on low-medium heat until the lentils are half soft,
- Add the drained mushrooms, mix and cook until both the lentils and mushrooms are soft,
- Add salt, mix and remove from heat.
Enjoy your meal...