Easy Borek With Ground Beef
So far I've shared so many easy borek recipes. The logic of all tis almost same. You mix yufkas with sauce and spread it into the baking dish without trying to give any shape as crunchy borek and spread the filling inbetween the yufka mixture. Easy borek with zucchini is one of the best example of this. I applied the same logic to easy borek with ground beef also.
In Turkish cuisine ground beef borek recipes are generally made just with onions and ground beef. In this recipe I added ground walnuts and currants. You can choose not to use those but I think you should:)
Can I prepare it the night before and cook in the morning?
One of the most common questions about borek recipes is is it possible to make the borek at night and cook it in the morning. People generally ask it for the consistency, I mean if the consistency would be ok if set aside uncooked for hours. I prefer to take health into consideration rather than the consistency. Can two of the most speculative ingredients, meat and eggs, for food safety be convenient to be kept together for this long? Yes it can, but also it may not be. If you want to take this risk, you can prepare the borek, set aside in the fridge overnight and cook in the morning.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 2 yufkas,
- 500 g ground beef,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1/2 cup ground walnut,
- 2-3 tbsps currants,
- 1 handful of chopped parsley,
- 1/2 tsp cumin,
- 1/2 tsp pepper,
- 4-5 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- 2 eggs,
- 1 cup of milk,
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Heat oil in a large pan and add the ground beef and sautee until changes colour,
- Add the onion and cook until tender,
- Add salt, cumin, pepper, parsley and walnuts and mix, remove from heat,
- For the sauce combine egg, milk and vegetable oil in a deep bowl and mix,
- Split the yufka into small pieces and combine and mix with the sauce, set aside for 5-10 mins.,
- Spread half of the yufka mixture into a 20 * 26 cm baking dish,
- Spread the ground beef mixture over,
- Spread the remaining yufka mixture over,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C until golden brown.