Ground Beef and Eggplants Borek Recipe
Borek is one of the chief pillars of Turkish cuisine. There are hundreds kinds of borek recipes in Turkey. Some are very similar to each other and has different names. Some have same names but are very different from each other. It's also possible to invent different types of boreks according to your taste. This ground beef and eggplants borek is not a traditional recipe for example.
We have ground beef borek with is widely known and made. We have eggplant borek which is not very well known but made in some parts of the country. In this recipe I gathered the two delicious ingredients in one yufka:)
Borek is mostly made with yufka by the way, not phyllo dough as most of the people who leave in foreign countries do. You can find yufka in Turkish and Arabian markets and even in Amazon. So, I suggest don't make your boreks with phyllo dough, which is a really good ingredient in some cases but not for a traditional Turkish borek, but find yufka.
For this borek, you can but triangle yufka also.
Enjoy the recipe
- 2 round yufkas,
- 250 g fat-free ground beef,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 2 eggplants,
- Black pepper,
- Vegetable oil,
- 1 egg yolk and sesame seeds for topping.
- Place the eggplants directly over the flame of a gas burner or barbecue or under a preheated grill, turning regularly, until completely soft,
- Peel the skin completely and place the eggplants into a strainer placed into a bawl,
- Heat 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet,
- Add the ground beef and cook until changes colour,
- Add the onions and cook until soft,
- Chop the eggplant, add into the beef mixture and stir well,
- Add salt, pepper and cumin; stir and remove from the heat,
- Cut the yufkas into 8 triangle pieces,
- Brush each piece with vegetable oil,
- Place 1 tbsp of filling through the wide sides, fold the edges and roll,
- Place the boreks into a baking sheet covered with parchement paper,
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds,
- Bake in a preheated oven at about 190 degrees until golden.