- 4 eggs,
- 1 cup granulated sugar,
- 100 gr butter,
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil,
- 1,5 cup whole milk,
- 2,5 cups flour,
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder,
- 25 gr. baking powder,
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract,
- 1 cup milk to moisten the cake.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons of powdered sugar.
- 1 cup milk,
- 80 gr. chocolate,
- 1 tablespoon butter,
- 1 tablespoons sugar,
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder.
- Melt the butter,
- Cream together the eggs and sugar,
- Add the melted butter, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and milk into the egg mixture,
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, cocoa and baking powder,
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture slowly while whisking,
- Pour into a greased large rectangular baking dish,
- Bake at 190 degrees Celsius (preheated) for 30-35 mins,
- For the frosting, whip the heavy cream and powdered sugar using an electric mixer until you get stiff peaks,
- Refrigerate until you need it,
- For the chocolate sauce, add chocolate, butter and milk into a saucepan and cook on low until chocolate fully melts,
- Add the sugar and cocoa powder,
- Whisk for 1 more min and remove from heat,
- Remove the cake from oven, let it sit for 10 mins, then pour 1 cup of milk evenly over it to moisten,
- Once the cake cools down completely, spread the whipped cream frosting as an even layer,
- Pour the cooled chocolate sauce over the frosting.