Cheese Filled Pickled Jalapeño Peppers
Cheese filled pickled jalapeño is a recipe that has become famous recently thanks to Tiktok. I don't try every TikTok famous recipe, but I try the ones I think I'll like. Since I knew that as a Thracian, it was impossible not to like a food that combines cheese and pepper, I tried the recipe with peace of mind and it turned out to be exactly as I expected, a recipe that was exactly to my taste.
It is possible to see cheese-filled hot pepper pickles in the cuisines of many Balkan countries. But they are usually made with red cherry peppers. In addition, pickled peppers in milk, known as soka, long or ciza, is another cheese and pepper recipe that is very popular in the Balkan countries. In the Balkan region of Turkey, ekşimikli biber is the most popular breakfast food. In short, since I was born in the land where the combination of cheese and pepper is blessed, you will ask me the most about cheese filled pickled jalapeño.
Jokes aside, while we are talking about cheese and pepper combination, I would like to not forget to mention the chushka byurek recipe from the cuisine of Bulgaria, another Balkan country.
Going back to the cheese filled jalapeño pickle recipe... This recipe is not actually a pickle. The peppers are quickly parboiled, in a pickle mixture. In this way, the hotness of the peppers decreases a little, they soften slightly, but they do not lose their crunchiness. Then, the cheese mixture consisting of cream cheese and curd cheese is stuffed into the peppers. Then they are placed in a jar and taken under protection with enough olive oil to cover them.
In fact, sunflower oil may be a more functional choice since olive oil freezes in the refrigerator, but olive oil suits this flavor combination so well that waiting a few minutes before eating the peppers is not a problem.
You can store the pickle in the refrigerator for up to three months.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 300 g jalapeño peppers,
- 1/2 cup of vinegar,
- 1 cup of water,
- 1 tablespoon of brine salt,
- 1 teaspoon of sugar,
- 1 cup of curd cheese,
- 1 tablespoon of cream cheese,
- Olive oil.
- Cut the stems of the peppers and remove the seeds,
- Take vinegar, water, salt and sugar in a saucepan and boil,
- Add the peppers to boiling water and simmer them for a few minutes until they turn into a dark green,
- Remove from heat and strain,
- Mix curd cheese and cream cheese,
- Take the cheese mixture into a piping bag,
- Squeeze the mixture into the peppers and place them in a suitable sized jar,
- Add enough olive oil to cover them, close the lid and store in the refrigerator.
Enjoy your meal...