Cloud bread is a no flour, hence a gluten-free bread recipe. It takes its name from its soft consistency. Maybe it would be useful to open this up a bit since the concept of soft has different responses in different people. I do not want a word to cause different expectations and eventually lead to disappointment. We are not talking about a cotton-like softness, such as the inside of a store bought sandwich bread.
Some of you should have tried before my cloud pancake and super fluffy omelette recipes which are also made with egg whites. They create the feeling that if you could eat clouds, they would feel the same. You feel the same thing in cloud bread.
The recipe calls for cream cheese. In order for it to mix homogeneously with the egg white, it is necessary to use a cheese with a creamy consistency. For this reason, cheeses such as white cheese or curd cheese will not be suitable for this recipe. But I don’t think it will be a problem to use labneh or mascarpone cheeses.
Although cloud bread is called bread, it is not a suitable bread for every occasion. For example, I think it is not suitable for eating a stew. Rather, they are breakfast breads for me. You can consume them with tomatoes and cheese, or you can spread jam on top. Cloud bread can be a life saver for you, especially if you are on a diet and can never consume bread, or if you can consume it in limited quantities.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 2 eggs (whites and yolks are separated),
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese,
- 1 teaspoon baking powder,
- Sesame and black cumin seeds for topping.
- Beat the egg whites in a narrow and deep bowl until stiff peaks,
- Beat the egg yolks and cream cheese in a separate bowl,
- Add the baking powder and whisk,
- Add the egg whites to the egg yolk mixture and mix with a spatula,
- Spoon the mixture onto the baking sheet covered with wax paper and spread into even cirlcles,
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and black cumin seeds on top,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees until golden brown.
Enjoy your meal…