Zucchini boats is one of the traditional vegetable recipes of Turkish cuisine. Vegetable recipe? Yes, the traditional one is cooked without chicken:) In this recipe, chicken is my addition, which I think made the recipe more powerful.
You can try each way, both are delicious.
You can change the spices according to your taste.
You can change the cheese according to your taste. Cheddar would give beautiful color for example.
You can use parsley or fresh mint instead of dill.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 4 zucchinies,
- Half chicken breast, chopped finely,
- 1 small onion, chopped,
- 1 large tomato, chopped,
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- 1 tsppowder pepper,
- 1 cup of grated mozzarella,
- Salt, pepper flakes, thyme, mint.
- Cut the stems of the pumpkins and halve them,
- Remove the core parts with a spoon,
- Brush the inside with oil and place them on a baking sheet covered with parchement paper,
- Bake in a 190 C degrees pre-heated oven and cook until soft,
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pan, add onions and cook until soft
- Add chicken and cook until tender,
- Add the tomato paste and cook until smells good,
- Add the powdered pepper and stir,
- Add the inside part of the zucchinis, cook until tender,
- Add tomatoes, cook until tender,
- Add salt and spices, cover the lid, cook for a few mins., remove from heat,
- Divide the filling into the zucchini boats,
- Sprinkle the cheese over,
- Bake until the cheese melts and start to get golden.