Creamy Chicken and Zucchini Recipe
After the cold soup recipe with green lentils I shared yesterday, I have another recipe for summer. Creamy chicken zucchini recipe is also suitable for summer with its practicality, short cooking time and being a recipe you may encounter at restaurants rather than home cooking.
Speaking of this, I would like to talk about this home-restaurant food situation. In summer (we can think of the weekends for the winter) we are generally unwilling to spend time for cooking, we are inclined to cook, but when there are enough ingredients at home and we don't want to spend money, the best option is to cook restaurant types of food at home. Beef stroganoff, chicken fingers or pizza, they are normally eaten outside but with better recipes, they can be made much better at home.
Creamy chicken and zucchini can be counted within this category for me. Especially when you serve it with (or under) noodles or pasta, as I do, it turns into an ordered food.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 500 g of boneless chicken meat, chopped,
- 1 kg of green zucchini, chopped,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 clove of garlic, grated,
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes, halved,
- 200 ml heavy cream,
- 3-4 tablespoons of oil,
- Black pepper,
- Heat oil in a large pan,
- Add chicken and sauté until tender,
- Add the chopped onion and sauté until tender,
- Add the garlic and stir,
- Add the zucchini, stir well, cover the lid and cook in low heat until soft,
- Add the tomatoes and cook for a few more minutes,
- Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil and remove from heat,
- Add salt, pepper and thyme and mix.