- 1 whole chicken breast,
- 1 egg,
- 1 cup of matzo meal,
- 1/2 cup of flour,
- Oil for frying.
- Cut the chicken breast in half,
- Cut each piece horizontally into two halves again,
- Lay down a large plastic wrap on the kitchen countertop,
- Place chicken breasts on the plastic, leaving a 2 cm space between each breast,
- Cover the breasts with another strip of plastic, so the meat is sandwiched between two layers of plastic,
- Use a mallet to pound the breasts until they are a little less than 0,5 cm thick.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper on them,
- Beat the egg in a bowl,
- Cover the breasts first with the flour, then with the egg and then matzo meal,
- Heat oil in a large pan,
- Add into the schnitzels and fry both sides until golden.